Welcome to our new blog that will focus on getting to know the employees of Ozarks Coca-Cola Dr Pepper one by one each week. We invite you to read this and get a more in depth understanding of what we do at Coca-Cola. It takes many hands and minds to bring you the delicious Coca-Cola flavors we all love and enjoy!
As I sit down with Chrissy Stillings in her office on this beautiful Wednesday afternoon in June, I look forward to learning just a little about this bubbly woman who can always be seen around the office with a smile on her face. Chrissy is the AR/Collections Manager here at Coca-Cola and below is a glimmer into her personal life.
1. How long have you worked here?
I started on February 15, 2013 so that makes it about 4 months!
2. What do you do on a daily basis at Coca-Cola?
I am basically in charge of all money that comes in for payments. My team and I process these which can be by cash, credit cards, check, etc. We also work on collecting money from accounts that owe us and the invoicing that goes along with that.
3. What is your favorite thing about working here?
“I like all the lovely people”
4. Tell me one thing about yourself that most people don’t know.
I went on vacation to Hawaii and while on the flight realized I was sitting next to the singers from Life House! That was exciting because I like their music and the singer is really good looking. (She laughs) During my vacation, I went on a snorkel tour and swam up to a very large sea turtle. Suddenly I was grabbed by a local woman yelling at me to get away from the turtle. That is something I will never forget!
5. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
I am very interested in History and would love to go back to the past and see Abe Lincoln give his Gettysburg Address Speech. That was such an interesting time in history that eventually led to the equality of people and abolishing slavery.
6. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
I would first give some money to my parents and friends. Then I would change my phone number so everyone else wouldn’t bother me!
7. Tell me one thing from Coca-Cola’s past that has stuck in your mind.
That it was first sold at drug stores as an elixir and marketed to relieve pain and help the body feel better.
8. What is something new that you learned this week?
I was around many of my family members last weekend and through conversation, figured out that I am 1/8 Cherokee Indian.
9. What is your favorite Coca-Cola product?
Diet Barq’s Root Beer!
10. From working in this business and being around different products all the time, what product or flavor would you like Coke to come out with next?
I love coffee and would love it if Coke came out with a Frappuccino drink or a mixture that you could buy and pour it with crushed ice at home.
11. What is your favorite holiday?
(She hesitates, and I wonder why, because she has a Christmas coffee mug sitting right there on her desk). She then responds and confirms my hunch by saying, “It’s Christmas.”