SUMMARY: Responsible for understanding and have working knowledge of the Blow Molder, Labeler, Filler and Packaging functions within the In Line Blow Mold production line. This position will complete all service, repairs, complete all preventive and predictive maintenance including troubleshooting and addressing issues required to maintain efficient operations.
This position will require a lengthy and substantial amount of training, so the minimum time commitment expected in this position will be 24 months.
Duties will include shared responsibility for the successful operation of all equipment associated with the inline blow mold production line and training of others on operation of that equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Follow all company/safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure all Operating procedures are defined accurately and followed.
- Interface with all ILBM team members on the best practices and changes that would result in process improvements once approved.
- Ensure the equipment logs are up to date and edited to include parts usage and history.
- Participate in the reduction of waste and Monthly inventory reconciliation of raw materials.
- Perform and assist with troubleshooting and repair of production equipment and facility, including but not limited programmable logic controls, mechanical power transmission, mechanical and electrical repairs on high and control voltage including single and 3 phase power.
- Implement preventive maintenance schedule per the Manufacturers’ recommendations and perform, assist with, and track completion of preventive maintenance on equipment and facilities to avoid equipment down time and ensure equipment readiness and reliability in accordance with the Manufacturers’ specifications.
- Ensure prompt and efficient follow-up on all outstanding repair requests.
- Develop and train department employees to improve and sustain equipment up time as part of the work performed.
- Maintain accuracy of information used to support the Key Business Indicators with success measured by Reduction in Downtime, Capacity utilization, Efficiencies and Cases per Man Hour.
- Be available for support of the plant ILBM operations team to ensure continuous performance and improvement.
- Other duties as assigned or requested by Manager or Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Competencies: Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skill. Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, drawings and equipment manuals.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The candidate must undergo Standard Timing Model testing and perform at a level necessary to indicate the individual will be able to achieve consistency of the skills needed in the category of ILBM Operator.
Each ILBM team member must be Forklift trained and certified.
Education and/or Experience: High school graduate or equivalent; Experience working with minimal supervision in high speed production facility operations or similar/comparable conditions.
Language Skills: Ability to read English. Ability to respond to common inquires.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions supplied both written and verbal format. Success to be measured by performance on the Standard Timing Model testing and to be measured against the metrics of Unscheduled Downtime and Adherence to the production schedule.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office computer skills.
Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on mechanical power transmission (motors, gearboxes, bearings, chains) and other mechanical equipment. Ability to use proven leadership skills and work in a team environment to mentor and train other ILBM Operators.
Travel Required: Minimal to none
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch/kneel bend and reach.
The employee will be on their feet for multiple hours, moving, bending, lifting, stacking, un-stacking, squatting, and stretching.
Exertion of physical strength to lift, push, pull, carry and/or move 10 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.